Master of Science in Civil Engineering specializing in Structural Engineering
Work fields for a master’s graduate in structural engineering:
- Design of various structures, including buildings, bridges, tunnels, and others.
- Work in various educational institutions as lecturers in universities and institutes.
- Work in various research institutions.
- Preparing researches in the various construction fields.
- Executing various installations, including buildings, bridges, tunnels, and others.
- Supervising the implementation of the various installations, including buildings, bridges, tunnels, and others.
- Providing various consultations regarding the construction sector.
- Maintenance of buildings and infrastructures and making future repairs and adjustments to them if needed.
- Owning private contracting companies concerned with implementing construction projects.
- Working in industrial jobs in government and private factories.
Entities that have hired structural engineering graduates:
- Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Private universities.
- Research institutions.
- Private and mixed sector companies involved in the field of construction.
- Government ministries and bodies not associated with a ministry, governorates, and municipalities.
Duration of study:
Two years. (one year for studying courses and one year for research).
The scientific department that grants the specialization:
Department of Civil Engineering.
The scientific backgrounds that can be submitted to obtain the specialization:
Bachelor of Building and Construction Engineering.
Bachelor of Civil Engineering.
Higher diploma in structural design of buildings using the computer - Higher diploma in Bridge Design Engineering.