The Branch in Brief
The branch was established in the academic year 1997-1998. The goals of the branch are to graduate engineers specializing in building and construction engineering in general, and able to work in highway and bridges projects. The branch also prepares their students to deal with geotechnical problems, soil properties, foundation construction and problems. The branch also aims to upgrade the level of study in the fields of structural engineering.
Heads of Branch Since Establishment
- Prof. Dr. Namir K. Saeid
- Prof. Dr. Mohammed M. Al-Ani
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Mohammed Y. Fatah
- Soil stabilization and treatment and geotechnical engineering.
- Pile engineering and applications.
- Transportation engineering.
- Surveying engineering .
The total number of faculty members during the 2010 – 2011 academic year is ( 33 ), including :
7 Assistant Professors
12 Assistant Lecturers