Structural Engineering - Ph.D.




Doctor of Philosophy in Structural Engineering


Work fields for a Ph.D. graduate/specialization in structural engineering:

  • Work in various educational institutions as a lecturer in universities and institutes.
  • Design of various structures, including buildings, bridges, tunnels, and others.
  • Work in various research institutions.
  • Preparing various advanced research in the various construction fields.
  • Executing various installations, including buildings, bridges, tunnels, and others.
  • Supervising the implementation of the various installations, including buildings, bridges, tunnels, and others.
  • Providing various advanced consultations regarding the construction sector.
  • Maintenance of buildings and infrastructures and making future repairs and adjustments to them if needed.
  • Owning private contracting companies concerned with implementing construction projects.
  • Working in industrial jobs in government and private factories.

Entities that have hired structural engineering graduates:

  • Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
  • Private universities.
  • Research institutions.
  • Private and mixed sector companies involved in the field of construction.
  • State ministries and bodies not associated with a ministry, governorates, and municipalities.

Duration of study:

Three years (one year for studying courses and another two years for research).

The scientific department that grants the specialization:

Civil Engineering Department.

The scientific backgrounds that can be submitted to obtain the specialization:

Master of Structural Engineering, provided that the general background of the applicant is:

Bachelor of Building and Construction Engineering) or (Bachelor of Civil Engineering ) or ( Higher Diploma in Structural Design for Buildings Using Computer ) or ( Higher Diploma in Bridge Design Engineering.