The Branch in Brief
The branch was established in the academic year 1998-1999. The goals of the branch are to graduate engineers specializing generally in building and construction engineering, capable to deal with problems regarding environment and sanitary, and join postgraduate studies. The branch also aims to upgrade the level of study in the fields of sanitary and environmental engineering.
Heads of Branch Since Establishment
Prof. Dr. Adnan A. Al-Samawei
Assist. Prof. Dr. Mahmood R. Mahmmod
- Prepare engineering designs and supervising engineering projects ( structural, sanitary, and environmental ) .
- Environment protection through control of water, air, and soil pollutants.
- Management of engineering projects regarding purification and treatment of water, treatment of waste water ( domestic and industrial ).
- Design, construction, and supervising projects of water net works and waste water.
- Management of solid and industrial wastes.
The total number of faculty members is ( 49 ), including :
2 Assistant Professors
27 Assistant Lecturers