The Branch in Brief
The branch was established in the academic year 1998-1999. The goals of the branch are to graduate engineers specializing in building and construction engineering and civil works, capable to perform structural designs, work in constructional projects, and join postgraduate studies. The branch also aims to upgrade the level of study in the fields of structural engineering.
Heads of Branch Since Establishment
- Prof. Dr. Kais F. Sarsam
- Assist. Prof. Dr. May J. Hamoodi
- Prof. Dr. Tareq S. Al-Attar
- Assist. Prof. Dr Eyad K. S. Al- Hachamee
- Design of pre-stressed concrete and high strength concrete.
- Structural analysis and design of concrete and steel structures.
- Pre-cast structures.
The total number of faculty members during the 2010 – 2011 academic year is ( 35 ), including :
5 Assistant Professors
13 Assistant Lecturers