Water Resources Engineering - Ph.D.

Doctor of Philosophy in Water Resources Engineering


Work fields for a Ph.D. graduate/specialization in Water Resources Engineering:

  • Work in various educational institutions as teachers in universities and institutes.
  • Work in institutions and bodies concerned with the strategic planning of infrastructures in the area of ​​competence
  • Design and study of various establishments of a specialized nature, which are considered infrastructure facilities such as dams, barriers, vertical and interrupted irrigation systems, transportation facilities such as closed and open channels, distribution facilities such as outlets, in addition to the facilities of a service nature such as calming basins, sewers and protection facilities From the flood and many other miscellaneous.
  • Supervising the implementation of installations and systems for infrastructure projects for water resources
  • Design and study of multiple facilities located within the water, sewage and sanitary engineering works, such as pumping systems, storage basins, and drainage measurement facilities.
  • Providing various consultations regarding the sector of water resources and hydraulic installations.
  • Work in various research institutions.
  • Preparing various advanced research in the various fields of water and construction resources.
  • Supervising the implementation of the various installations, including buildings, bridges, tunnels, and others.


Entities that have hired water Resources Engineering graduates:

  • Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
  • Private universities.
  • Research institutions.
  • Consulting offices of universities and ministries within the field of specialization
  • Private and mixed sector companies and offices concerned with the field of engineering consultancy.


Duration of study:

Three years (one year for studying courses and another two years for research).


The scientific department that grants the specialization:

Civil Engineering Department.


The scientific backgrounds that can be submitted to obtain the specialization:

  • Master of Water Resources Engineering
  • Master degree in hydraulic
  • Master of Dams and Water Resources Engineering
  • Master of Engineering in Hydraulic Structures
  • Master of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering

That the general specialization is in civil engineering, building and construction engineering, water resources engineering, dams and water resources engineering, water engineering and hydraulic installations, irrigation and drainage engineering.