Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Civil Engineering majoring in Sanitary and Environmental Engineering (SEE)
The Civil and Environmental Engineer need to understand and calculate mathematical transactions to prepare the designs of building services and fire networks for different buildings, as the work of the sanitary and environmental engineer designed is integrated with the designs of other designers such as architects and building services engineers and often civil and environmental engineers supervise the implementation of contractors for building services projects and infrastructure projects. In the sites. They can also be involved in designing pumping stations, low and high lift stations, designs of various well pumps and designs for pipelines that carry liquids such as oil and petroleum, etc., in order to ensure high performance, sustainability, and economics in design and operation. Also, occupational and environmental safety is a major factor in the work of the environmental civil engineer.
Work fields for an alumnus of the B.Sc. in SEE:
The specialization of sanitary and environmental engineering is one of the specializations required in the labor market, and the reason for this is due to the availability of projects for the construction of water networks, sewage networks, rainwater networks, projects for the construction of drinking water treatment plants and wastewater treatment plants in the world and the Middle East, and the problem of availability and scarcity of drinking water, It is the first basic problem in the world at this time and in the future. It has made the world and scientific institutions research and finance research interested in developing modern technologies in water treatment and reuse, and the problems of desertification, global warming, air pollution, solid and hazardous waste problems have made the world heading towards preparing many studies and research. In this field, for the purpose of using alternative energies and renewable energies through modern technologies, such as the use of methane fuel and biofuels in the production of energy as an alternative to petroleum and its derivatives. Environmental and sanitary engineering studies and research are very actively involved in sustainable engineering, which is the direction of the world today and in the future.
- Executing various civil engineering projects such as multi-story buildings, bridges, tunnels, etc.
- Supervising the implementation of various projects in civil engineering, such as multi-story buildings, bridges, tunnels, and others.
- Executing and supervising the implementation of water networks, sewage networks, rainwater networks, and high and shore lift stations.
- Executing and supervising the implementation of construction projects for drinking water treatment plants and wastewater treatment plants
- Implementation and supervision of the implementation of building services projects, such as drinking water transmission networks, sewage networks, and fire extinguishing systems.
- Providing various consultations regarding the construction and infrastructure sector.
- Preparing designs for water networks of various kinds
- Maintenance of buildings and infrastructures and making future adjustments to them if needed.
- Owning private contracting companies concerned with the implementation of construction projects and infrastructure, especially desalination and water purification projects.
- Work in industrial jobs in government and private factories.
- Work in educational institutions as teaching assistants in universities and institutes.
Entities that employ alumni of SEE:
- Private and mixed sector companies involved in the field of construction.
- State ministries and agencies not associated with a ministry, governorates and municipalities.
Duration of study of the major:
The scientific department that grants the specialization:
civil engineering Department.
The scientific backgrounds that can be submitted for the specialization:
- Preparatory school graduates - the scientific and applied branch
- Technical institutes alumni, Department of Building and Construction Engineering.
- Graduates of professional prep-schools with the corresponding specialization