Master of Civil Engineering Sciences (M.Sc.) specializing in Environmental Engineering
Fields of work for a graduate of the M.Sc. in Environmental Engineering:
- Preparing hydraulic designs for various water installations in water and wastewater treatment plants and others.
- Preparation of hydraulic designs for water transmission networks with closed and open channels.
- Preparing designs for building services such as internal networks for transporting hot and cold water and sewage networks.
- Work in various educational institutions as teachers in universities and institutes.
- Work in various research institutions.
- Preparing various advanced research in the various fields of health and environmental engineering.
- Executing various water installations, various water networks, tunnels, and others.
- Supervising the implementation of various installations, including buildings, bridges, tunnels, water networks of various kinds, and others.
- Providing various consultations with regard to the construction sector, infrastructure and various water projects.
- Maintenance of buildings and infrastructures and making future adjustments to them if needed.
- Owning private contracting companies concerned with implementing projects in the construction and infrastructure sector.
- Work in industrial jobs in government and private factories.
Entities employing M.Sc. alumni in Environmental Engineering:
- Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- National universities.
- Research institutions.
- Private and mixed sector companies involved in the field of construction.
- State ministries and agencies not associated with a ministry, governorates and municipalities.
Duration of study of the major:
Two years (one year for studying courses and one year for research).
The scientific department that grants the specialization:
Civil Engineering Department.
The scientific backgrounds that can be submitted to obtain the specialization:
- Bachelor's degree in Building and Construction Engineering.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Higher Diploma in Sanitary and Environmental Engineering.
- Higher Diploma in Environmental Impact Assessment.