Mohammed Yousif Fattah
Civil Engineering Department
My researches focus mainly on Soil Dynamics, Soil Improvement, Unsaturated Soil
Ph.D, University of Baghdad, Iraq, 1999.
M.Sc., University of Baghdad, Iraq, 1996.
B.Sc., University of Baghdad, Iraq, 1989.
Soil Dynamics, Unsaturated Soil
1. Al-Juari, K, A. K., Fattah, M. Y., Khattab, S. I. A., Al-Shamam, M. K., (2020), “Simulation of Behaviour of Swelling Soil Supported by a Retaining Wall”, Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers – Structures and Buildings, https://doi.org/10.1680/jstbu.19.00152.
3. Bouassida, M., Fattah, M. Y. & Mezni, N. (2020), “Bearing Capacity of Foundation on Soil Reinforced by Deep Mixing Columns”, Geomechanics and Geoengineering, DOI: 10.1080/17486025.2020.1755458.
4. Fattah, M. Y., Dawood, B. A., (2020), “Time-Dependent Collapse Potential of Unsaturated Collapsible Gypseous Soils”, World Journal of Engineering, Vol. 17 No. 2, pp. 283-294., DOI: 10.1108/WJE-09-2019-0276.
5. Fattah, M. Y., Salim, N. M., Al-Gharrawi, A. M. B., (2019), "Effect of Soil Plug Removal on the Load-carrying Capacity of Symmetric and Non-symmetric Pile Groups", Ships and Offshore Structures, https://doi.org/10.1080/17445302.2019.1694298.
1. Jasim, A.F., Fattah, M.Y., Al-Saadi, I.F., (2020), “Geogrid Reinforcement Optimal Location under Different Tire Contact Stress Assumptions”, International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42947-020-0145-6.
Soil Mechanics I
Advanced Soil Mechanics
Arab Creative Award (Technical Creative) 2016 - The Arab Thought Foundation Organization.
World Champion 2019 in Earth Science, International Agency for Standards and Ratings, Division for Certification and Accreditation.