Zainab Ibrahim Abass
Civil Engineering Department
عنوان البريد الإلكتروني هذا محمي من روبوتات السبام. يجب عليك تفعيل الجافاسكربت لرؤيته.
Zainab is a faculty member at the Department of Civil Engineering, The University of Technology in Baghdad, Iraq.
Zainab has a Doctor of Philosophy PhD 2018: Urban Design, Housing, Deakin University, Engineering Faculty, School of Architecture and Built Environment. Australia. Her research areas focus on neighbourhood design and social interaction in housing contexts
Ph.D Architecture, Deakin University Australia, 2018
M.Sc Architectural Engineering / University of technology/ Iraq, 2005.
B.Sc. Architectural Engineering University of technology/ Iraq, 2001
Urban design and housing
Neighbourhood design and Social Interaction
Sustainable built environment
Green and public spaces design.
Accessibility and Walkability
1. Abass, Z & Tucker, R “Measuring Accessibility in low density Housing: The Role of neighbourhood design”, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 737 (2020) 012182, doi:10.1088/1757-899X/737/1/012182.
2. Abass, Z & Tucker, R ‘Talk on the Street: The Impact of Good Streetscape Design on Neighbourhood Experience in Low-density Suburbs’, Housing, Theory and Society Journal..
3. Abass, Z; Andrews, F & Tucker, R “Socialising in the suburbs: Relationships between neighbourhood design and social interaction in low-density housing contexts,” Journal of Urban Design.
4. Abass, Z & Tucker, R (2018) “Residential satisfaction in low-density Australian suburbs: Role of dwelling, neighbourhood, neighbouring and length of residence on neighbourhood contentment,” Journal of Environmental Psychology [C1-A*] [SCImago Q1] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvp.02.005.
5. Abass, Z & Tucker, R (2017) “The impacts of social and physical context on neighbourhood satisfaction in the suburbs” BACK TO THE FUTURE: THE NEXT 50 YEARS] 51st International Conference of the Architectural Science Association (ANZAScA), Victoria University of Wellington, 29 Nov – 2 Dec 2017.
6. Abass, Z & Tucker, R (2017) “White picket fences: The relationship between neighbourhood attachment and neighbourhood design characteristics of suburbs,” Landscape and Urban Planning, 170, 231–40, [C1-A*] [SCImago Q1].
7. Abass, Z & Tucker, R (2016) “Fifty shades of green: tree coverage and neighbourhood attachment in relation to social interaction in Australian suburbs,” 50th International Conference of the Architectural Science Association, Adelaide, 7–9 December 2016.
Building construction for 2nd year.
Engineering drawing for 1st year.
English language from 2nd year to fourth year.
Supervision of graduation project 4th year.
2018 – Graham Treloar Research Prize -The Best Higher degree by Research student with a published paper on sustainability/ Deakin University, May 2018. School of Architecture and Built Environment.
2013- (Full scholarship for 4 years), by Republic of Iraq Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research, Deakin University.